VonBlogBath

Gaming & stuff...

Tuesday 21 August 2012

Like a boss

So I'm painting my final unit from the battalion now, my orc boyz. I had a lot of fun sticking them together; there are lots of little extra details - skulls, spikes and whatnot - so when it came to making the boss (unit champion) I decided to go a little over the top. What the hell, they're Orcs!

Boss.

I've given the orcs the same shield design, which features a red skull glyph, which will give the unit some colour. I decided to give the boss a red helmet too, to make him stand out. I think the other Boyz will have metal helms.

Boss from other side (don't ask me for
imaginative captions, I'm tired!)
I like how he's turned out. The ridiculous spikes and skulls look OK actually, and I like the helmet. The photos don't show that the eyes are painted, because they're the same colour as the helmet.

But I'm chuffed. Just 14 more of the buggers to paint and the battalion is done!

5 comments:

  1. What do you think? Should I do the whole unit with red helmets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think having the Boss stand out with his big red helmet (ooh-err) sounds like it would be very striking. The rest of the unit can mirror that colour with their shield designs. Then again, I can't see the models in front of me -- it's all in me head -- so perhaps painting the helmets red may look better overall.

      Up to you, I suppose (obviously). :D

      Delete
  2. Actually, having looked at the models again, a lot of them don't even have helmets, so I thin keeping his one red will be best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, different coloured Boss ftw.

    ReplyDelete