VonBlogBath

Gaming & stuff...

Sunday 19 August 2012

Arachnophobes, beware!

Unit #4: done!

I painted my Spider Riders a little brighter, to make the army as a whole more colourful. I'm not 100% happy with the effect, but it definitely fits the army colour scheme. I may, when I do another batch, opt for a different spider-effect.

Not as professionally photographed as Andy's!
One of the things I'm not sold on is the eyes. Red on red is a bit weird, but I couldn't think of another colour I wanted to do them. I could do green, I suppose? I may go back and do that later. Another thing is that they don't photograph well: the standard in particular is leaning forward at a weird angle.

So that takes me up to over 600 points.

That's all for now, first practice games tomorrow... (or later today, I should say!)

4 comments:

  1. What is it with all this unit painting? It's like you're making an army or something, and not a collection of characters. What's up with that?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I must be mad! ;)

      It's actually a combination of budgeting and psychology. I'm getting as much of the grind done quickly in the first blush of enthusiasm as I can, as well as sticking to the battalion before I buy other stuff. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi, they are looking great. What about yellow for the spider eyes? Pop some orange then yellow over the red thats there already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. In the end I went with green: it gave them a nicely inverted feel: green skin, red eyes riding red skin green eyes. They did surprisingly well, though I now need to get my average unit size up!

      Delete