VonBlogBath

Gaming & stuff...

Monday 3 September 2012

'Ere We Go, 'Ere We Go, 'Ere We Go!

So, while my painting speed has slowed down dramatically since the start of term, I have finished my next unit, and the final unit from my battalion: the Orc Boyz.

 
Orc Boyz

I'm really pleased with how they've turned out. The models are lovely, and characterful (albeit characteristically difficult to rank up), and I think the unit looks good, despite the very quick, production-line paint jobs. 
Boss
Here's the Boss (unit champion) of the Boyz. I'm yet to come up with a good name for him, though I think "Skull-taka" may be an appropriate epithet. 



Boy
This is a bog-standard Orc Boy. Nothing special about him, except he reminded me of the old Heroquest Orcs, which were the first models I ever painted.


Heroquest Orc - not painted by me!
See what I mean? I suspect the sculptor did that deliberately. Made me smile. :)


Musician

Here's the musician - it's hard to see in the photo, but one of his eyes are white. There was a scar modeled on, so I thought it would be nice to have that eye blind as a result.


Standard Bearer

Yes, once again I went for the lazy option of the totemic standard. Can you blame me? :) I like this model, though he does look like he's walking into a Force 10 gale. He's been counter-balanced with a penny in his base, and he still tips over all the time!

I'll do a post about choices and army building soon(ish), as well as a step by step on my wolfriders. 

Until then...Waaaaaaaagh!

5 comments:

  1. Yup. Only 15 but they look pretty imposing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waaaaaagh indeed! Looking good, Mr Leask.

    On a tipping over note, I have some lead shot fishing weights which I reckon could be flattened and fitted to bases pretty well and are likely to be heavier than pennies. I'll let you know how they work out for my skellies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Either 775 or 755 depending if they're just orcs, or Big Uns. :) add my wolf boys and 2nd Shaman and hats a grand. :)

    ReplyDelete