VonBlogBath

Gaming & stuff...

Monday 21 July 2014

Back in the Saddle...

After an extended hiatus, I've decided to dust off the brushes again.

Down at Andy Lawhammer's last week we played a game of Dreadfleet, which was quite a lot of fun. The mechanics were unnecessarily clumsy and it suffered a lot, for me, through comparison to FFG's excellent Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures game (which I have been playing a lot. A lot.).

But it was fun, and it was Warhammery. And, having sold off my Orcs and Goblins (for shelf-space and money to buy more TIE fighters!) my mind turned to my nascent Bretonnian force. A few days later, and I have another knight done.

I present to you Robert De Cendres!





I'm happy with how he's turned out. What I'm enjoying about painting Bretonnians, as opposed to the Greenskins, is that I can paint differently. My men at arms I am army painting, very quickly.  The bowmen get a little more attention. The Knights, as there are fewer of them, and they are larger, get a bit more. I've deliberately not  over-highlighted the barding, as I really want the block of colour effect. I highlighted the crest a little more. 

I'll take some pictures of my Battle Standard Bearer (as I just realised I haven't done that yet) and get him up here soon. 

In terms of the future, I'll be speed painting up some more men at arms over this week, to get them up to a minimum unit size of 10, and working on another couple of Knights. I'm breaking out the dreaded white undercoat as I'm going to try some lighter barding colours for variety.

More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment