VonBlogBath

Gaming & stuff...

Sunday 27 July 2014

1 Down...just!

And with little in the way of fanfare, that's my first Bretonnian unit done. 10 men at arms, including champion.


I was very pleased with how quick these were to do. Real army-painting stuff:


  1. spray black undercoat
  2. drybrush model with Eshin Gray (using large drybrush)
  3. paint metal areas with Ironbreaker
  4. paint brown areas with Gorthor Brown
  5. paint flesh areas with Cadian Flesh
  6. give detail areas a wash with Agrax Earthshade
  7. give detail areas a one stage highlight with base-coat (Ironbreaker, Gorthor or Cadian)
  8. add transfers to shields
  9. tidy up
  10. base
And you're done. 

Really quick;having the single wash for all detail colours helps speed things up, as does the black base, which means I don't have to be too neat with the wash. 

I have to give more props to Geoff at CitadelSix Custom Design who did the transfers. They tie the unit together brilliantly, and there's something nice about seeing my family crest on all those shields!

When I was assembling these, I was really pleased with the champion's pose, thrusting his halberd over his shield-rest.Very cool. Then I tried to rank them up. D'oh! Still, it just about works. :)

Next knight is about 60% done  - the white undercoat is making it all look messy, so it's taking longer. 

Next update when he's done, unless my resolve goes and I do the next 10 men at arms. I am really pleased with the poses for the musician and standard bearer. 

VBB

No comments:

Post a Comment