VonBlogBath

Gaming & stuff...

Tuesday 9 April 2013

Gutter Runner

Blade Runner Font
Couldn't resist. :)

Anyhoo, the reason for today's post is I have another 4 players painted: gutter runners this time. The sneaky, shifty assassin-types of the Skaven army, these have long been some of my favourites in the Skaven army, both on the tabletop and in the roleplaying game (I have fond memories of +Lindsay and I chasing some through the streets of Nuln in +Andrew's WFRP campaign...).

Photos below: same drill as with the Blitzers, I picked body/heads that were naturally appropriate (i.e. hooded/robed), then enhanced where I could. The first two I armed with punch-daggers, but clipped the blades off, leaving them with some nasty looking (but wholly Blood Bowl-legal) brass knuckles.
Sneak-sneak!
Punch-punch!
Then I made this fella. I had a spare cloak from my wolf rider conversions, so I slapped that on. As I was perusing the hands on offer, I noticed one with a sneaky dagger hidden along the forearm, As these are my sneakiest players, it just felt right. :)

Me? The #6 Gutter Runner for the Marienburg Stealers?
With a knife under my cloak? With MY reputation? 
Then the final one...I spotted another dagger wielding arm, and remembering that the Skaven's attempts at subtlety don't always work as intended, I threw caution to the wind, carefully concealing this dagger with...well, with nothing. 
Stab-stab! 
Not subtle, but it appealed to my sense of whimsy! 

So that's 6 players down, and the team are looking like this so far: 

The Marienburg Stealers WIP
I'm chuffed with how quickly they're coming along. They're not well painted by any standard, but they'll do, dammit!

Incidentally, I was going to crop the top of that photo, but my out of focus fire in the background looks uncannily as if the Horned Rat himself is watching the team being assembled eagerly, so I left it in.

A few days off the blog now, but I'll be back in a week or so with some more players.

VBB
PS - I got the Blade Runner font from FontMeme

3 comments:

  1. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! The Hornet Rat is there!

    :D

    And it looks odd viewing Blood Bowl chappies on square bases. Square bases are obviously fine, arguably even better. But it's Blood Bowl. But square bases are fine. But...

    AHHHH! Cognitive dissonance!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, more importantly: looking sweet! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! The only round bases I own though are 40mm wolf ones, so square it is!

    ReplyDelete