VonBlogBath

Gaming & stuff...

Monday 23 July 2012

Waaagh!

So, I've finally succumbed and started a blog. Why, you are almost certainly not wondering. I'll tell you anyway.

After a not insignificant break, I'm starting to collect a Warhammer army again. I used to play - indeed, I used to work for GW - but I got old, I got busy, and my friends stopped playing, so I gradually sold off my painted stuff, and when I moved house I dumped what I had left. Decluttering and all that.

But now circumstances have conspired against me (or with me...?): my mate Baz (@Bazkull) is back managing the Edinburgh GW store, while my other mates Andy (@hapimeses) and Lindsay (@tyritha) have started collecting new armies, partly on the strength of their daughter also wanting to start playing.

Man, we are old.

Anyhow, the purpose of this blog is just to chart the growth of my new army. There'll be pictures, some painting discussion, tactical thoughts, rough battle reports (eventually) and maybe some fluff too. Can't imagine it'll be of much interest to anyone other than me, but you never know.

Next post will discuss why Orcs.

'Til then, adieu!

2 comments:

  1. Well - good luck. I tried, briefly, to paint again because I love the miniatures of Warmachine. Sadly, with no one to play my motivation withered and died and my Ironclad languishes on my desk, mocking me with its half-painted'ness. So good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers dude - it definitely helps to have other people collecting too. We're planning a little campaign, too. :)

      Delete